Just want to document this in case anyone else runs into issue:
- You are trying to initialize the database on WebSphere 184.108.40.206 or higher but the initialization step failed. When you look at the log, you see bunch of these: Caused by: com.ibm.ws.Transaction.IllegalResourceIn2PCTransactionException: Illegal attempt to enlist multiple 1PC XAResources
Note: this may cause problems for folks who had an earlier installation of WebSphere 220.127.116.11, installed LiveCycle, then tried to patch WebSphere up to 18.104.22.168. You will see the Illegal attempt to enlist multiple 1PX XAResources. This may cause instability in your system. I would recommend updating to use the solution below.
- In a version between 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199, WebSphere depends to be smart, and try to identify the GenericDataStoreHelper class by looking into the JDBC libraries. So the default DataStore helper class is set to the specific one for the driver, for e.g. MicrosoftSQLServerDataStoreHelper, instead of the GenericDataStoreHelper.
1. login to websphere admin console (http://localhost:9080/admin)
2. Click on resources > data sources
3. click on IDP_DS,
4. For datastore helper class, select to use a custom one, and type the following in: com.ibm.websphere.rsadapter.GenericDataStoreHelper
5. repeat for EDC_DS
6. test data connections
7. run through initialize database from livecycle configuration manager (/opt/adobe/LiveCycle8.2/ConfigurationManager/bin/configurationManager.sh