- - Implement a flex component for the AWAY3d rendering engine.
- - Hover/Zoom navigation support using custom targeted hover camera (hold down shift OR ctrl on top of the model viewer).
- - Added simple material and lighting support to the COLLADA parser.
- - Added materials preloading support.
The reason behind building this component is that we wanted to support viewing and interacting with a 3D model for a flex application. We also wanted to ensure that existing 3d models can be reused. Some of our envisioned usage scenarios below:
- - interacting with a Air Plane or Car Model for a technician to document repairs and issues done (visual maintenance record).
- - review architecture and design decisions for a building amongst architects, and developers.
- - etc...
To view a demo of the viewer in action here. The samples page on our website here, including a download for project source.